RDX vs Volvo XC40 - 2019 Acura RDX Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

RDX vs Volvo XC40

Perhaps one of the closest rivals for the new RDX is Volvo's XC40. Sales for it have exploded since launch and its been getting a lot of praise from owners and auto journalists. Car connection however, still thinks that the RDX is a better approach to sports utility. https://www.thecarconnection.com/new...x-compare-cars
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:11 AM

Most people I know go for one or the other. Rarely would they cross shop a Japanese premium SUV and something European.

In fact I see more jumping between BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Volvo as the last alternative if they want exclusivity.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:08 PM

The XC40 has brought a lot of newcomers to Volvo, especially since its available through their new subscription service. It also starts a few grand less in base trim, but gets expensive quick with options.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardee-x View Post
The XC40 has brought a lot of newcomers to Volvo, especially since its available through their new subscription service. It also starts a few grand less in base trim, but gets expensive quick with options.
I'm in the same boat. Before it was the XC70 then I lost interest in the brand and recently saw the new S90. It was one of the first major changes they made.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:45 PM

Superscription services are looking like an important way forward for automakers. Having your maintenance and repairs all bundled into a monthly fee greatly reduces the risks of buying into a new platform.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdX View Post
Superscription services are looking like an important way forward for automakers. Having your maintenance and repairs all bundled into a monthly fee greatly reduces the risks of buying into a new platform.
ultimately it ensure their profitability and keeps shareholders happy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:33 PM

We test drove both and left with the RDX after we asked our salesman about the maintenance costs on the Volvo. He said "like any German car, BMW, Mercedes, the Volvo is expensive to maintain". My wife's lifelong bubble burst on this car and we bought the RDX. Neither of us want those kind of maintenance costs since we keep our cars over 10 years.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page