Issues with Apple Car Play? - 2019 Acura RDX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Acurafan

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Issues with Apple Car Play?

I've had my 2019 RDX Advanced for all of two days now. This morning on my way into work, I was using Apple Car Play, using Waze and listening to a playlist on my iPhone (iPhone XS Max). Just before I arrived at my office, there was a screeching sound that lasted about 2 seconds then everything went silent. My playlist was still playing but I couldn't hear anything. I then parked the vehicle and shut off the ignition, but when I opened the door expecting everything to shut down, the information screen at the top middle of the dash (not sure what else to call it). The vehicle is off and locked, but that screen is still on.

Acura Service said that it was likely a notification that came in on my phone that confused the CarPlay app and the system should reboot, but it has not yet. Anyone experience this?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 PM

I have issues with my Apple Car Play as well. When using my phone through Car Play, the car drops my Iphone connection even though its still plugged in and then recycles where the audio cuts out as it connect again. The mic/speaker in the car cut out and my phone does the same. The person on the other end can't you hear either. Its a big pain as I make work calls to and from my work in my daily commute
ghanna66 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM

Unhappy Just wait...

You're only experiencing the beginning of the awful RDX infotainment system. Car Play will drop frequently. When making a call the majority of the time the person on the other end won't be able to hear you. If you're lucky and have 2-way audio make the call quick as it won't last. Don't try to use Waze while making a call. The Waze audio will come through the full speaker system at full volume instead of the just the nav/voice speaker on the dash. Randomly the FM radio will crash. To get it back load Sirius/XM then return to the FM radio.

If all that doesn't discourage you enough... After loading the most recent software update the entire system occasionally won't turn off with the car and freezes up. You have to disconnect the battery to get it to reset. It happens to me at least once a week. I carry the wrench with me now. Fun Fun.

After 7 months I am considering getting rid of the car.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanna66 View Post
You're only experiencing the beginning of the awful RDX infotainment system. Car Play will drop frequently. When making a call the majority of the time the person on the other end won't be able to hear you. If you're lucky and have 2-way audio make the call quick as it won't last. Don't try to use Waze while making a call. The Waze audio will come through the full speaker system at full volume instead of the just the nav/voice speaker on the dash. Randomly the FM radio will crash. To get it back load Sirius/XM then return to the FM radio.

If all that doesn't discourage you enough... After loading the most recent software update the entire system occasionally won't turn off with the car and freezes up. You have to disconnect the battery to get it to reset. It happens to me at least once a week. I carry the wrench with me now. Fun Fun.

After 7 months I am considering getting rid of the car.
How many times has your NAVI/Audio system freeze up on you even with the car powered off? I have had our 19 RDX since August and I had it happen 4 times already. I made sure I brought it back to the dealership each so they have it on record. I am trying to file for a lemon. I also have an open ticket with Acura relations. Everytime I bring it back to the dealership, all they can do is tell me to wait for an update that the Acura engineers are supposed to be working on. but that has been 10+ months now. I don't know how that can go about telling their clients this and tell them to disconnect & reconnect the battery. I am totally fed up with the RDX already.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 PM

It’s been multiple times. I carry a wrench with me now so I can disconnect the battery. Last trip to the dealer they were nice enough to mark which fuse to pull instead. I joined the RDX class action lawsuit.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page