Acura is Just Wandering Around - 2019 Acura RDX Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Acura is Just Wandering Around

For anyone who has not noticed, over the years Acura has lost what made it Acura back in the 90's and even into the early 00's. Its been consistently failing to get products off the ground although there has obviously been some strong products like the RDX. Biggest mistake they admit was benchmarking rival Japanese luxury brands as reported in this article. Could products like this new RDX be part of a shift happening over at Acura? Its the first Acura that brought be back to the brand after so many years and i'm sure I speak for many here. Don't be surprised if we see people trading in X3's and GLC's for a brand new RDX
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 11:59 AM

The new RDX is certainly a welcomed redesign, because I have to agree that their vehicles have gotten pretty stagnant across the lineup. I think a large part of this is due to how much value they have been offering in the latest Honda models. If it weren't for the lack of AWD amongst those cars, Acura would probably be even worse off.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:53 PM

Infiniti is a horrible brand to benchmark and their sales taking right now from what I can see, so something must be wrong with their lineup. As for Lexus, what words for one brand may not work for another and Lexus was kinda dull for a time as well until recently with the new aggressive designs. Acura would do well to find their own thing and the RDX is a great start.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurate View Post
Infiniti is a horrible brand to benchmark and their sales taking right now from what I can see, so something must be wrong with their lineup. As for Lexus, what words for one brand may not work for another and Lexus was kinda dull for a time as well until recently with the new aggressive designs. Acura would do well to find their own thing and the RDX is a great start.
Infiniti has the right ideas but poor execution. A lot of their cars were great in concept form but failed to gain the kind of traction Lexus models can. Lexus products come out swinging from the gate.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 10:51 AM

I will say that Infiniti did a nice job with the new QX50...looked seriously at it as the pricing is similar but my wife just couldn't get comfortable in the QX50 as she could in the RDX. RDX fits you like a glove with the 16-way power seats, bolsters and thigh support
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Infiniti is long overdue for a full lineup refresh, exactly like what we're seeing with Acura. While their newer sports cars aren't terrible looking, their SUV lineup has become really stagnant imo. Good thing they have reliability on their side.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page