Acura's entry level ILX gets similar makeover for 2019 - 2019 Acura RDX Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Acura's entry level ILX gets similar makeover for 2019

It looks like Acura has given a similar redesign to the next generation ILX, which it sorely needed. It will still continue to share its platform with the Civic, but its new front end falls in line with the brands latest design language. Similar to the RDX it will also be offered in a sporty A-Spec package that adds a body kit and bespoke wheels. Deliveries are set for late October and pricing starts at $25,900.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 11:12 AM

Wow this doesn't even look like the same vehicle anymore, love the changes that Acura has made to it. Glad to see that their new direction with the RDX is being implemented across the lineup. And if I'm remembering properly this is also cheaper than the outgoing 2018 model.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 11:37 AM

Yeah this is a $2k price drop over the '18MY. It doesn't look like there has been any mechanical upgrades however like on the RDX. Just a styling and tech refresh.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Easy to see how they justified these changes, all we have to do is look at the well performing TLX. Its the perfect medium that we haven't seen since the original TL.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

The design language for the latest round of Acura products is a great return to form for the brand. I don't think it needs to be argued that outgoing models had recently become quite stagnant in comparison to other luxury brands.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysun View Post
The design language for the latest round of Acura products is a great return to form for the brand. I don't think it needs to be argued that outgoing models had recently become quite stagnant in comparison to other luxury brands.
Yeah tell me about it and seeing NSX DNA rub off on more mainstream Acura products, although the NSX was a sales flop, Acura's R&D into it is now paying off.

Biggest question for me now is what's next?? TLX SH-AWD A-Spec was quite impressive
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 11:10 AM

Acura really needs to do something about the NSX, because everything is impressive about it except its pricing. Additional options like carbon ceramic brakes easily add $10k.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 06:47 PM

If there's one thing I know about Acura its that they'll hold on for dear life to its pricing, all we can expect are more features to be added, ultimately it comes down to value.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page