TFL's Top 10 Things about the '19 RDX - 2019 Acura RDX Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

TFL's Top 10 Things about the '19 RDX

The Fast Lane Car just dropped this video last week of the top ten things to know about the new RDX. Really love how the red leather interior looks on the blue model. There is no shortage of changes on this next gen model. We should get a look a proper review from these guys this week, which will compare how it stacks up against competitors.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 11:05 AM

I really like the looks of the gauge cluster in the A-Spec variant, and obviously a big fan of the superman color theme. I have a feeling that its going to hold up quite well against some of the other premium SUV's and I wouldn't be surprised if we see people coming over to this model from MB, BMW and Audi.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 07:48 PM

For me the biggest thing is the fact its a true sporty SUV. We're getting SH-AWD and a powerplant that any true Honda loyalist would love, one that had experience tuning and modifying Honda's.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Well considering they have already managed to get 350hp with a larger turbocharger and tune, I think that's a good indication of the restricted potential that the powertrain has. Don't know if there is any compatibility with the Type R's turbo, but hopefully we see some solid aftermarket support for the RDX.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 10:49 AM

There's a chance we could see a similar powertrain offered in the upcoming CDX, should Acura ever confirm a release date for it. And at this power output, the RDX is getting fairly close to rivalling that of AMG variants from MB.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdX View Post
There's a chance we could see a similar powertrain offered in the upcoming CDX, should Acura ever confirm a release date for it. And at this power output, the RDX is getting fairly close to rivalling that of AMG variants from MB.
CDX being more of a downsegment product I believe we will be seeing the Accords 2.0T engine used instead. Overseas they use a smaller displacement engine, a 1.5T.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

The CDX has been available in China since 2016, and I don't know if its needed in North America considering the success of the HR-V. Though there does seem to be growing demand for more performance oriented crossovers/SUV's as of late.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:17 PM

Suzuki just released a model that is a bit smaller than the Kia Soul which isn't too far off from the CDX.

IMO, the North American markets are just a bit behind on adopting them, buying habits haven't caught up with the rest of the world.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 11:02 AM

Kia also has the new Stonic, which has been launched exclusively in Europe. As pickups and crossovers are still dominating the industry in NA, it may be awhile before we see a transition to smaller CUV's. Raising gas prices could very well impact this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 10:38 AM

I think all the upcoming electric/PHEV variants will bring new interest to CUV's as well. Both the upcoming Niro and Kona are have been well received and their electric models should be arriving early next year.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page