2019 RDX suspension system - 2019 Acura RDX Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ThirdX
  • 1 Post By ThirdX

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

2019 RDX suspension system

As far as the suspension goes, Acura has gone with Macpherson struts all the around, that feature fluid filled bushings. This should improve ride quality substantially by better absorbing vibrations. Body roll will be kept in check by front and rear sway bars, but if you want the best ride quality you'll have to opt for the additional active damper system. No specifics have been given about it so far, but it should provide constant adjustment on the go.
JrdnByr007 likes this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:01 AM

I thought the active damper system was exclusive to Acura's Sport Hybrid models? It adjusts suspension stiffness on the go and was installed into the MDX Sport Hybrid.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Its a new adaptive damper system that was designed specifically for this model. It looks like Acura is pulling out all the stops for the redesigned RDX, as it doesn't seem like they've kept anything from the previous generation. The adaptive dampers wont be a standard feature, but will be an additional option.
JrdnByr007 likes this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:35 AM

Has anyone found lowering springs for the DEX A-Spec? I heard from Graham Rayhall, who built the SEMA RDX’s and he said very soon. My concern is that there are springs out there that will lower and dit very well, I just need someone to measure the important info about our springs and are 2”shorter with similar rebound, and the weight distribution and be effective.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page